DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)

DACA, established in 2012, is a U.S. immigration policy allowing certain individuals the opportunity to obtain deferred action from deportation, and employment authorization during their time in the U.S. Under this policy, individuals who meet the requirements of the program can apply for two-year increments of deferred action and employment authorization.
At this time, DHS is not processing initial DACA applications, but is continuing to process DACA renewals. Individuals who need assistance in renewing their DACA applications after having been granted DACA previously can contact our office for assistance.

Humanitarian Parole
Humanitarian Parole is granted to individuals who are seeking temporary entrance, or return, to the United States based on humanitarian needs or significant public benefit. Some examples of humanitarian parole applications which may receive approval from USCIS include:

  • To receive urgent medical treatment in the U.S.
  • To serve as an organ donor for someone in the U.S.
  • Family reunification due to emergency circumstances
  • Individuals living in a country with active armed conflicts or other crises.

If you feel you may qualify for Humanitarian Parole, please contact our office for assistance.

Victims of Trafficking (T Visa)

If you have been a victim of sex or labor trafficking while in the U.S., you may be eligible for immigration relief in the form of a T Visa. T Visas may be granted to individuals who are victims of “severe forms of trafficking in persons” who are “induced by force, fraud, or coercion” into a commercial sex act (this includes sex trafficking of persons who have not yet reached the age of 18); or the “recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery.” (8 C.F.R. §214.11.(a)) Survivors of human trafficking may be eligible for lawful status in the U.S., as well as employment authorization. T Visa recipients may also have a path to permanent residency. If you believe you may qualify for a T Visa, please contact our office for assistance.

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

Individuals who fall under the protections of the Violence Against Women Act may file for an immigrant visa petition if they are an abused spouse, child, or parent of a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident. This type of application is not exclusively for females, men may also file a VAWA petition. The Violence Against Women Act was passed by Congress in 1994, and provides certain protections and routes to immigration status for battered non-citizens, allowing these individuals to self-petition for legal immigration status. Spouses and children (under the age of 21) may be eligible to adjust status to a lawful permanent resident with approval of this petition. If you think you may qualify for a VAWA petition, please contact our offices.

Victims of Crimes (U Visa)
Individuals who are victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to U.S. law enforcement or U.S. government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity in the U.S. may qualify for a U Visa. The U Visa provides temporary status and work authorization to individuals who qualify, while they are in the U.S., and can potentially lead to a path for legal permanent residence. Derivative visas are also available to spouses, children, and parents. There is an annual limit of 10,000 U Visas, and there is currently a backlog of U Visa petitions pending with USCIS. However, new U Visa applicants will be placed on a waiting list and may qualify for temporary immigration status and work authorization. If you feel you may qualify for a U Visa, please contact our offices.

Asylum Applicants
Individuals who are fleeing their home country from persecution, or who have a well-founded (or credible) fear of persecution may qualify for asylum in the U.S. Such persecution must be on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. Individuals must file their asylum application within 1 year of their most recent arrival into the U.S. (some exceptions may apply). If you feel you may qualify for Asylum, please contact our offices.

Family Reunification
Individuals who need assistance in filing form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, to achieve family reunification can contact our offices for assessment and assistance.

Individuals who need assistance in filing for U.S. citizenship/naturalization can contact our offices for assessment and assistance.